- Measurement of radar capability
- Door panels
- Switches, Top-Column modules
- Optical systems, cameras
- DC-/AC motors
- Surface test
Modern radar sensors are used in a variety of applications. EU Regulation No. 2019/2144 now requires all new vehicles registered in the EU to be equipped with radar sensors for traffic and pedestrian detection. This defines new standards for the use and operation of radar sensors in vehicles.
Due to the installed safety-relevant components, vehicle manufacturers and suppliers must perform comprehensive testing and document the measurement results. Our testing systems help you to comply with your quality standards and to fulfill the verification and documentation obligations towards your end customers. We adapt our systems individually to your requirements and align them specifically to your measurement and testing tasks. In doing so, we work out the perfect solution for you.
Radar specification analysis
- Radar transmission (+/- 0.1 dB)
- Radar reflection (+/- 0.1 dB)
- Parallel to this: Measurement of the coating film thickness with Terascope
Robot based verification
- Flexible adaptation to different component geometries
- Easy integration into existing manufacturing processes
Effective and economical
- Contactless measurement
- Highly accurate measurement with an accuracy of up to 0,1 µm
- Less than one second time per measuring point
- Ensuring reliable process control during measurements
Optimal adaptation to your test object
- Most different geometries possible
- Unaffected by the size of your test object
- Single or double-sided measurement possible
- Flexible and customized integration into your production processes
- Automatic positioning of the robot
Total package with turnkey implementation
- In-Line system
- Off-Line system
- Separate measurement technology including integration
- Flexible and requirement-oriented installation in your production line
Our testing technology adapts perfectly to your specifications. From the simple test fixture to the modular test line, we offer you customized solutions that are optimally adapted to your production conditions and requirements. The test station is designed according to your ideas and integrated into your production line. We program the software and, in addition to radar capability testing, we can also test additional features of your component, e.g. presence/variant testing, electronics testing and paint layer thickness. We offer three technologies to find an optimal solution even for complex tasks. In this way, we ensure that the test cycle is optimized in terms of quality and time and that your requirements are met in the best possible way.
The RMS-C (Radome Measurement System - Clamp) was designed for end-of-line testing in production and allows a cost-effective and reliable evaluation of radar covers. The short measurement time enables you to perform an accurate radar transmission test within a few seconds. Different arm lengths ensure optimal adaptation to your component.
You can find out more about the RMS-C at Perisens` Homepage
Copyright by Perisens
The R&S®QAR50 offers precise measurement of radar transmission and reflection from larger surfaces. We extend the C- and U-shaped floor-standing instruments with a robot-based solution and thus offer good adaptation to your task.
You can find out more about the technical details of the QAR50 at Rohde & Schwarz`s homepage.
Copyright by Rohde & Schwarz
Terascope achieves an accuracy of up to 0.1 µm in paint film thickness measurement or 0.1 dB in radar capability. It is irrelevant whether a single layer or complex paint stacks are involved. The thickness of each individual paint layer can be determined separately and analyzed for irregularities, as can its radar transmission and reflection. In combination with a robot, multiple points on a component can be approached and inspected in seconds, completely non-destructively and fully automatically.
You can learn more about Terascope on our product page.
Copyright by Helmut Fischer